Thursday, April 11, 2013

Hello…….

It’s spring here in South Texas and the bluebonnets are in full bloom, and of course, most of our RV neighbors are getting ready to leave or have already left to head north, east or west for the summer months.

We will be leaving here on or about the 28th of May and heading west to New Mexico and the Seviletta National Wildlife Refuge where we will be volunteering for 3 months. This is a new refuge for us, so hopefully we will have a few adventures to write about over the summer.

In September we will go to Benson, AZ to visit friends there, then back to our little Texas home at the end of the month.

7a6ef1e54e99be86d249134c1b14816f

I have had a very busy couple of weeks and hopefully it will not end too soon! I made a few “ruffled scarves” and sent them to my daughter, Angie, in Seattle for her to test the market. The moment the box arrived she sold all 6 of them and had orders for 6 more!!!! I guess I never knew she was such a great salesperson…….good job Angie!!!

In addition to knitting scarves, I have completed a quilt, two table runners, and working on two more quilts! Been really busy, so happy to have my Texas room to spread out all of my hobbies!

On Monday my friend, Ruth, and I delivered lots of hand knitted items to the local hospital maternity ward as well as lap-robes and shrugs to two local nursing homes. I knit lots of baby hats for newborns and the “Busy Needles” group here in the park knit and crochet lap-robes and shrugs for the the nursing homes. The nurses at the hospital love the hats and after the babies are all cleaned up they are presented to their mothers wearing a brand-new knitted hat.

The hummingbirds are back…..it is so fun to watch them as they fight over my feeder. We also had a couple of other visitors wander through our yard this week too.

       IMG_6415      IMG_6417

That’s about all that is happening here, just planning what to take for our summer travels and making lists so we won’t forget anything important!!!

Just Us Kids………………Keeping Busy…..sewing20machine

1 comment:

Jay and Linda said...

Was looking at that wildlife refuge so can't wait to hear how it is. We will be going to Or at Haystake Rock next summer.