Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Retirement……….!

Retirement……..aw yes, that wonderful time we all dream of while sitting at our desks or working at our jobs for what seem like unending years! Then when the time finally arrives to retire most of us wonder “what on earth will I do with all this time that I now have to do what I want!!!'’ I don’t have a time clock to punch, or a boss standing there giving me orders for the day, or any number of things that must be done right now!!!!

So now it’s MY time and I am going to do all those things I never had time to do before, all those hobbies I have been wanting to try, and most of all, all the traveling I want to do without any time constraints!!! Yes, I will travel and see all those places I have only read about all my life! See the Grand Canyon, both rims, climb into the Anasazi ruins where the Ancients lived, see Niagara Falls from both the US and the Canadian sides. Go to Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island where the fictional Anne of Green Gables lived, the Bay of Fundy when the tide is out and mail a letter from the Post Office on the rocks in Peggy’s Cove.

Also I want to sew and make all those quilts for which I have been gathering patterns and fabrics, make all the jewelry with the beads I got from my favorite Snow’s Little Bead Shop in Benson, AZ. I also want to make all those beautiful greeting cards with the card stock and stamps I have gathered along the way.

So many things to do and there are only 24 hours in a day!!!!

I think our retirement has gone well…….so far!!! We have traveled to all of the states in our motorhome (not to Hawaii, of course, but have been there before.), been to the Grand Canyon and Niagara Falls. Traveled into Canada, all but one province, climbed into the ruins and communed with the Ancients and mailed my letter from Peggy’s Cove. Now it’s time to settle down and do the rest of the things on my bucket list.

So we got a place in Texas and built a home here with room for all our hobbies and tools. We live in a park with other retired folks so we have lots of social contact with others like ourselves. So I have all the time I need to sew, make jewelry and any other craft which I happen on to……..right? WRONG!!!

Did I mention that we live in a park with other retired folks???? Well, like any small “community” there are a large number of committees to keep the community functioning and, yep, that’s right……I am on at least half of them! Also, I am treasurer for the Auxiliary which plans all the social and fund-raising events for the community and that is a 36 hour a day job!!!! Poor Bill keeps trying to teach me how to say “NO” and it is a hard lesson to learn, but I’m trying!!!

So my fabric, beads, and card stock are still there waiting for me in my wonderful new craft/sitting room. Just wait, I’ll be there soon…..I hope!!!imagesCAWFQN5S Just Me………Kay

No comments: